Evening everyone, I hope you are all well!
I’m pleased to advise that the GCC committee has mutually agreed to open net facilities for use by club members only, from Monday 8th June 2020 onwards. This DOES NOT include the outfield or clubhouse, which remain closed.
Please be advised that use will be on a booking basis only, with a maximum of 6 players per group/booking.
Use will be strictly in line with the guidance/rules provided below. The booking and use of the nets will be managed by Ben Tippett, you will need to contact him to make all arrangements. The nets are not to be used without booking beforehand.
Guidance/Rules for Booking and Use of the Garboldisham CC Net Facilities:
• The club has two nets for use by club members. A maximum of Six people can use the two net lanes at any one time, unless you are from the same household, where more than 6 can be present. Only a total of six persons can be present at any one time. Only the outer nets are to be used, the middle net is not to be used and will be taped off.
• This arrangement relates to the net facilities only. The playing fields are not to be used.
• Only club members can use the net facilities. The GCC committee has agreed that all club memberships from 2019, will be carried over to 2020, for net use only. Any new club members will be required to pay a £10 subscription fee for utilising the net facilities prior booking and use.
• All bookings and cancellations are to be arranged with Ben Tippett, directly. There are no exceptions. He can be contacted via phone / text / WhatsApp (07545054449) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). He will be accepting calls between 10am-8pm.
• As a guide: weekday evening slots will be 1745-1845; 1900-2000. Daytime slots can be arranged with Ben, noting that his decision is final. Double slots may be available at Ben’s discretion, but only where there is no booking for the following slot. Only one booking will be permitted per time slot.
• Do not just turn up and play without making a booking or having your booking confirmed by Ben.
• Please confirm your booking at least 1 hour before the session is due to start, noting that you MUST cancel if you are currently experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (notably, a new persistent cough, high temperature, or loss of sense of smell or taste).
• Bookings will run for 1 hour; there will be a 5-minute buffer either side to prepare / pack up. Please do not turn up more than 5 minutes before your start time, or linger more than 5 minutes after your session, this way we can ensure social distancing is upheld for the next session.
• All players aged 14-17 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian and/or a 25-and-over DBS checked club member. All junior bookings must be made by the parent/guardian. Note that as per ECB guidance, junior net sessions can only occur when an adult club representative is present; this may restrict options for when these can occur.
• Designated and supervised net sessions will be held by Danny Cash for under 14s, please contact him directly for further details (07857 785516).
• All club members are required to sign-in prior to first use of the nets (please bring a pen), this will also act as written acknowledgement of, and agreement to abide by the guidance/rules for bookings and use, which the club has put in place. The parent/guardian will be required to sign for any junior members.
• Whilst present, you must maintain a minimum 2m social distancing with all other people present at all times, unless they are from the same household.
• The clubhouse, changing rooms and containers will not be open for use. This includes use of toilets or the kitchen.
• All kit, including balls, must be your own, and these are not to be shared with any other players, unless from the same household. The only equipment provided by the club will be stumps.
• A first aid box will be located in the second pitch scorers’ hut. If you need to use it, please inform Ben Tippett so it can be replenished.
• Hand sanitiser will also be located in the second pitch scorers’ hut. Please use hand sanitiser before and after touching the first aid box. Hand sanitiser should also be used by all members before the start of any session, and at the end of the session.
• Bookings are subject to review by the cricket club and any changes will be updated and communicated as and when they happen.
• Finally, anybody not adhering to these instructions will be barred from further use of the nets.
Wishing you all continued good health!! Thank you.